Re_building

Team RBFM reporting: It is the third week of planning for the maze. We have fixed the replacement top; Ben had to file the slots so that they fit on to top of the robot. He also had to use a junior hacksaw to remove some of the top. In the session, we needed to […]

Read more "Re_building"

confused.com

We continue to fettle the CAMJAM code to try and get DiddyDasher around the course smoothly.  Still much work to do, but progress is being made. See it in action below and a clip of the maze in use at the Cotswold Jam last weekend. One of our roboteers (Alex) is trying to set up […]

Advertisement

Read more "confused.com"

RBFM robot test

Blog by Team RBFM. Last week in our Raspberry Pi session, we had to do some emergency repairs to the robot because the top of it had been snapped off. We had to modify a replacement top as it did not fit onto the robot`s frame, but we were not able to make the necessary adjustments […]

Read more "RBFM robot test"

Maze @ Cotswold jam

On Saturday Jan’ 27th we’ll take along the maze to the next Cotswold Jam to try out / let others have a go! The Cotswold Jam organisers have given us permission to set up the maze and run some through some code tests using the CAMJAM kit code +  ultrasonic sensor.  Come along (book on website): […]

Read more "Maze @ Cotswold jam"

Little sense!

Team Thundering Hells and RBFM continued this week to refine placement of the ultrasonic sensor to enable it to avoid the maze walls! Limited success; but at least we’ve now got two teams trying to get the CAMJAM script to operate as expected. I can see these refinements lasting a few more weeks!   Thundernig […]

Read more "Little sense!"

Sensing victory!

Team RBFM – spent time yesterday adding an ultrasonic sensor to their robot, and managed to get it wandering aimlessly around the maze for a minute or two.  More tweaks and code fettling required for better success next week.

Read more "Sensing victory!"

Amaze’d

Just before the xmas break we decided it was time to construct a 1:1 replica of the maze challenge. We will use this to conduct some accurate trials of the ultrasonic sensor over the next months. We constructed the maze in board sections, and attached the walls using using dowels, to allow us to dismantle […]

Read more "Amaze’d"

BlueDot trials

Team Thundering Hells Regiment reporting: We had found a problem with controlling the robot properly with Bluedot on one of our phones. After multiple retries, the connection between the [Bluetooth] clients worked perfectly, but the controls on the application were reversed. Originally, we thought the problem was with the script, but after a while, we […]

Read more "BlueDot trials"

Diddy Dasher Battles

Back in November we ran a couple of club tests for our new sub A5 design Diddy Dasher bot.  We ran a couple of tracks/challenges: A simple obstacle course designed to test driving skills and the new design. An even simpler robot football course – again designed to test those essential driving skills and gauge […]

Read more "Diddy Dasher Battles"

Ultrasonic_bump

Our clever STEM Ambassadors (Keith & Ernie) have been modding the HC-SR04 sensor to include the voltage divider on board. This means we can dispense with the breadboard and use something more robust. Thus far we have two sensor housings to test out: 3D printed bracket and a 2D laser cut gizmo. The 2D holder […]

Read more "Ultrasonic_bump"